Different kinds of small group meetings
It is good to have a variety of formats and styles of small group meetings. Some leaders make it so easy and actually ... they don’t need to be hard to prepare!
- Inductive Bible study: what does it say? what does it mean? how does it apply to me?
- Bible meditation: e.g. lectio divina, art-based meditation
- Lifecraft topics. Money, relationships, work
- Topic about relating to God. Prayer, spiritual gifts, Jesus, giving, Holy Spirit, worship …
- Watch a video clip, or a whole Nooma DVD (available from the office), or a whole film - and discuss
- Accountability questions – see suggestion sheet
- The Bible and me: - see suggestion sheet. Introduce a personal disclosure question with a Bible verse.
- Looking back, looking forwards “What has changed for you in the past six months?”
- Bring and share. E.g. a CD track/photo that means something to you
- Task planning – reachout event
Please add ideas of meeting formats that have worked for you using the comments button below.